Best – ESL
BEST is an outreach ministry to international community members.
This educational outreach is based on teaching English as a Second Language (ESL), which is reflected in our name BEST, an acronym for Building English Skills Together.
Currently we have 70 students enrolled in the program, with 60 adults regularly attending classes twice a week. BEST is a multi-cultural program serving families in our community from China, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Korea, Mexico and Taiwan.
BEST STRIVES TO
- Improve English skills of pronunciation, grammar, and writing
- Provide opportunities for English conversation in a warm and accepting environment
- Build relationships among all program participants
- Monday and Thursday from 8:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.
- Our Hospitality Team arrives at 8:30, providing coffee and tea, and classes meet from 9:00 to 10:30.
We currently have 3 classes teaching 3 levels of ESL Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. We also provide a bilingual pre-school educational program and a toddler childcare during our Monday and Thursday class times.
Contact: Kay Hurley, ESL Director firstname.lastname@example.org
We create teams for the jobs to be done and there is always a need for more help as we are growing. If you are interested in helping with any of these: Special events, Hospitality, or working in the classroom as a teaching assistant or in the children’s program then all you need to do is contact Kay Hurley. She will then set you up with a time to come and visit the program and let you visit in the classes or your area of interest.